Evaluation of Promoting Ramsey 2015-2017
Up-date January 2018
Ramsey Town Council and Ramsey Million have decided to continue promoting Ramsey by funding a two day a week post for one year from February 2018 and the Heritage Groups in Ramsey are continuing to look for funding to support attracting visitors to the area.
After two years of a Big Local- funded project managed by Cambridgeshire ACRE, the Promoting Ramsey Officer completed an evaluation of the work. Below is a summary and the full report is available to download below.
- All activity has been delivered within budget.
- A strategy for promoting Ramsey was created and delivered on time.
- Heritage, business, tourism and community groups were consulted, involved and worked together on the project.
- A single brand and a website with social media platforms were delivered ahead of schedule.
- 96% have seen and recognised the branding, 84% are aware of the Promoting Ramsey project and 48% had seen the Discover Ramsey website (Survey November 2016).
- Positive feelings about living in Ramsey have improved – only 4% felt that there was a less positive feeling about the town compared with 2 years ago.
- Awareness of project events is high: heritage days 83%, craft festival 83%, Gaiety Night 66%.
- Ramsey’s presence online is growing: both on Discover Ramsey platforms and on other’s websites.
- Press releases have successful and have averaged a take up in the press of five per month.
- Heritage Open Days have doubled in number per year and visitor numbers have continually increased.
- The two Craft Street Festivals were the second busiest Saturdays of the year (Christmas Light switch on is the busiest).
- Partnership working with tourist destinations within 20 miles has been successful with around 450 Ramsey Open for Discovery folders being distributed from Ely, Peterborough and Cambridge tourist offices, accommodation providers and attractions. The website also features on Visit Cambridge, Visit Peterborough, National Heritage and Visit England.
- 500 Ramsey information Packs have been distributed at exhibitions and via retailers/hotels/camp sites/libraries etc in the local area.
- Visitor Information Points in Ramsey’s retailers, pubs, cafes and the library have distributed around 750 Ramsey Open for Discovery Folders and acted as good ambassadors for Ramsey.
- 12 events were held during the life of the project and all are being continued by community or heritage groups.
For a look at the full illustrated report please see